A. The contest is open to all accredited PCP institutions, for residents, fellows and consultants of PCP.
B. All entries need to submit the following :
i. An endorsement letter from the Chair and Research Head/Coordinator of the Department for
the official entries of the instituion, with specification whether the author is a Resident-in-
training or Post-residency PCP member (Fellow-in-training or Consultant).
ii. Title page, indicating what STUDY DESIGN category the paper is competing in, whether:
1. CASE REPORT
3. DESCRIPTIVE - combined Retrospective and Prospective
4. RETROSPECTIVE - ANALYTICAL
5. PROSPECTIVE - ANALYTICAL
iii. A one-page abstract of not more than 300 words with the following format:
TITLE, INTRODUCTION / BACKGROUND, OBJECTIVES, METHODS, RESULTS & ANALYSIS and
iv. Full paper content of not more than 4,000 words, 4 tables and 4 figures. Bibliography and
Appendices are NOT included in word count.
C. The competition has two groups:
ii. Post-residency PCP members (Fellow-in-training and Consultants)
D. There will be judging in two levels:
i. Screening and judging by the PCP Research Committee of top 10 entries per category.
ii. Judging and selection of winners by Invited Experts of Research.
E. Three winners will be selected PER STUDY DESIGN; a total of 15 winners for the Residents-in-
Training group, and another 15 winners for the post-Residency PCP Members group.
1. Start of submission - February 1, 2019
2. Deadline of Submission - March 16, 2019
3. Screening by ResComm members - March 16 to 25, 2019
4. Final Judging of Top 10 per Category - March 26 to April 8, 2019
5. Announcement of Top 3 winners for ORAL presentation on April 18, 2019
6. Submission of Electronic Poster of ALL entries: April 20, 2019
7. Oral Paper Presentation of 15 winners x2 categories (2 halls in SMX): May 8, 2019
For more information and submission of entries please email::